On September 10th, our branch met for the first meeting after the summer break!
We began with announcements. They included:
- Congratulations to Cathy Davis for representing Ireland in the Diversity Exhibition at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.
- The National AGM is happening October 1st and 2nd. Quilt challenge is “Witches and Castles”
- The Knitting and Stitching show is happening October 20-23. If you’re interested in submitting to one of the IPS Galleries, check out our blog post here.
- We’re going to have a Branch Exhibition in March! Theme is “Community.” More information to come.
We also announced the programming for the Branch that the committee has been planning over the summer. These include:
- Open Sew afternoon after the October open meeting! Bring your current work in project and a lunch!
- November’s meeting is going to be a joint branch meeting! We’ll also have two shops attending the meeting as well! We’ve also booked the hall for an open sew afternoon.
- Tomomi McElwee will be giving a talk and workshop in January, more information to come as we get closer.
- Ruth Bourke will be giving a talk and workshop in March, more information to come as we get closer.
We also had the pleasure to host the Chair of the National Committee, Kelly Fogarty at our meeting.
Susan then debuted the September Block of the Month, the Coffin Star:
Maeve Meany from Limerick Quilt Centre then gave a demonstration on constructing a Christmas tree block:
We also had an amazing Show and Tell. Just look at these quilts!
Tracy Wardle was also the winner of the Summer Challenge! Sadly, I don’t have a proper photograph. If a member has one and is willing to share, please send it along to our email address, email@example.com.
Our next meeting is October 8th, and is our traditional open meeting. See you there!