There was a fabulous buzz at the meeting on Saturday. We were delighted to welcome a number of new members and some visitors – great to meet you all! We welcomed the lovely Sinéad from Appletree Crafts with their wonderful shop and we were all like bees around a honey pot! It was wonderful to see her again – first time since BC (Before Covid!)
We had a fantastic Show and Tell, as always…
- Ann Pasley showed off her first ever quilt, a lovely brick style design in soft blues and greens. She also brought in her Wonky Christmas Tree quilt, inspired by Áine Foley’s demonstration back in our December meeting.
- Assumpta Lydon showed an incredible plaid quilt top and a 7’s and L’s top
- Hilary O’Kelly’s baby quilt was a real charmer
- Cora Quinlan brought along an array of bags, a fabulous Christmas scrap quilt and a quilt made using a Twelve Days of Christmas panel (inspired by our Christmas sing song, perhaps?)
- Cathy Davies showed us her amazing stars quilt for which she made all her own templates before hand piecing it! Take a look at the pieced backing too.
- Frances McCarthy brought in her completed quilt made using a Massachusetts Cross and Crown design. She used up some indigo dyed fabrics made at a workshop many moons ago.
- Anne also brought in a charming baby quilt to show us.
- Finally, Heidi Wischniewski showed us her current work in progreess, an incredibly detailed, asian-inspired appliqué quilt.
After the meeting Sinéad led a group of us in a tremendously enjoyable workshop on layered mini landscapes. Everyone left with a piece to finish at home. Here are the works in progress.
Hope to see you at our next meeting on Saturday 11th February when our shop will be Patchwork Plus. Usual time, usual place. See you there.