A call for quilts!
The committee has been working hard over the past few months planning the Cork Exhibition, Community. It’s an opportunity for Southern Branch members to show their work at a non-juried show at the Sirius Arts Centre in Cobh.
Important dates for the Show:
- Quilts must be received by the 20th of February
- Hanging of quilts happens on the 27th of February. All quilts received will be hung, as space allows.
- Show runs from 2 March to the 26th of March.
Opening Reception for the show is happening 2nd March at 18:30. Cork County Mayor, Seamus McGrath will be in attendance.
You can find the entry form here. A €5 entry fee is required to cover the cost of hanging rails.
Show Rules Include:
- Quilts can be made to a maximum of 80 inches wide.
- The quilt must have a 4 inch (10 cm) hanging sleeve, with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod.
- Please ensure that your quilt is labelled on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt, name of the quilter.
- By entering your quilt, you agree to having it photographed for publicity purposes.
- Quilts must include an entry form with €5 entry fee.
Feel free to enter any quilt you’ve made. We’d love to help you show your best work!
You can also participate by making nine-patch block that will go into the “Community” Quilt. Blocks made must be 6 1/2 inches, with a blue centre. Deadline for nine patches will be our next meeting on February 11! Quilt will debut at the Exhibition. Find more information, including a video tutorial here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com