From July 12 to the 22nd, the Midwestern Branch is hosting the National Exhibition at the Limerick School of Art and Design in Limerick City.
This year’s theme is “Evolution”
Have you been working on your entry? Be sure to follow the following rules:
- The quilt must consist of a minimum of two layers, although any technique may be used.
- Size: Quilts can be made to a maximum of 1.25 meters (approx. 50 inches) on any one side.
- The quilt has a free choice of edging treatments.
- No glass fronted, framed, mounted quilts or quilts made from kits will be allowed.
- The work should have been completed in the last two years.
- The quilt must have a 10 cm (4 inch) hanging sleeve, (with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod).
- Please ensure that your quilt has a stitched fabric label on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt, Name of Quilter, Postal Address, Telephone number
- The quilt should not have been exhibited prior to submission to this exhibition.
- Quilts made by more than one person at any stage of the construction should identify all of those involved.
- Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition.
- All IPS members are eligible to enter and there is a €10 entry fee per quilt to defray the costs of holding the exhibition.
- This is a juried exhibition. The judging panel’s decision will be final.
- The quilts are covered by the IPS insurance once the quilt is received by the hosting branch.
- By entering your quilt, you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes and the catalogue of the exhibition.
- Each quilt must have its own bag labelled with both the name of the quilt, the name of the maker and your branch.
- Quilts will be released at the end of the exhibition period and not before that time.
- Deadline for quilts to be received is the 31st of May 2016. No late entries will be accepted due to cataloguing and photographing of quilts.
Do you need an entry form?
We’re looking forward to seeing the exhibition! I’ve been hard at work on mine!