Tag: exhibition opportunity
Postcards for Open European Quilt Championships
From October 20-23, 2016, the twentieth edition of the Open European Quilt Championships takes place in MECC Maastricht. This is a milestone to celebrate! We’ve been invited to celebrate by sending in a fiber postcard on the theme of “Twenty.”
From their website:
What do you have to do?
Below you can find the instructions for making a fibercard. This instruction was made available to us by Dineke Ugen. Design your own fibercard with the theme ‘Twenty’ and make it according to the instructions below. You can send us the fibercard by mail. In honor of the twentieth anniversary of OEQC a special jubilee exhibition is composed of all submitted fibercards. You want to exhibit with your fibercard at OEQC 2016 too, don’t you?
Instructions for making a fibercard
Special thanks to Dineke Ugen.
• A piece of adhesive batting, slightly larger than 15 x 15 cm.
• A post card, a larger piece of heavy paper or thin cardboard. Keep the weight of the card in mind with regards to the number of required stamps.
• Cotton ticking or a piece of unbleached cotton.
• Glue stick.
• Make a small “quilt” on the adhesive batting without backing. Or use thin cotton.
• Attach the cotton to the post card with your glue stick. Cut the cotton to size of the card.
• Iron the “quilt” on the card side. This is only possible if you have used adhesive batting. In case you used thin cotton you glue the cotton to the card. Cut the card to size (= 15 x 15 cm).
• Zigzag the postcard with colored yarn . Min 1.0 stitch length, stitch width 2.5 -. 3.0 / 0.4 / 0.5.
• Please note! Do not use black background fabric or black yarn to zigzag your fibercard. The fibercards will be presented on a dark wall. This will lead dark fibercards or dark details to fade into the background.
A fibercard can be sent as a regular post card, without an envelope. Cut out a square at the corner for the postmark. This way the mail man can enjoy your card too. Wrap your card in plastic if you used beads or other embellishment. Tape on the front side of the card, otherwise the address is not clearly visible. You can also send the card in a regular envelope. Please note! Fibercards are not returned after the show.
Please send the fibercard to our office address before September 1, 2016
You can send the card to the following address:
With reference to: 20 years OEQC
NL-6026 PX Maarheeze
Good luck on behalf of Textile Festivals and Dineke Ugen.