We are having a Days for Girls kit making day Monday 26 June 2017 @ Bishopstown GAA hall, 10am to 4pm – bring your own lunch.
Let us know what you feel you might like to do to help… Overlocking, machine sewing, tracing, cutting out, ironing, donating items, chatting!!!
Queries?: Please contact: Mary O Regan (mary “at” redsockproductions.com 0876682641), or Mary Palmer (marimu.designs “at” gmail.com) or Assumpta Lydon (skipper.assumpta “at” gmail.com)
Email – corkireland “at” daysforgirls.org
- Kam Snap DK-93 Presser with size 20 dies and snaps. Table top press.
- Girls/ladies briefs – small sizes. Girls size 25 ½ inch up to ladies 12. Dark cotton. Bikini style ok – no thongs or boy style. We can dye light colours.
- Hotel size soaps
- Face Cloths – dark colours
- Ziplock 1 gallon size Freezer Bags – (26.8cm x 27.3cm)
- Polyester machine threads – not cotton (breaks down in the Sun’s UV rays!) Medium/ Dark colours
- Overlocker threads Medium/dark colours
- Drawstring – grosgrain or cotton twill – (1/2” to 5/8” i.e 13mm to 16mm width) Lengths of 40”
FABRICS – ALL FABRICS NEED TO BE PRE-WASHED
- No Print with a face/eyes
- No Insects or snakes (butterflies okay)
- No Camouflage / Guns / Hunting
- No Cartoon / TV / Pop Culture / National Flags / Words / Girly Glam
- No solid saffron (Buddhists robes) – yellow in patterns is okay.
- No light colored fabrics that easily show stain
- Flannel – patterned/dark coloured (stain hiding) for liners. We are badly stuck for flannels – we can use scraps that are minimum 9 inch square.
- Bright Cottons for Bags
- Colourful/Dark cotton for Shields
What we need to make 50 kits
- 27 Yards 100% Cotton
- 44 yards Flannel
- 2 yards PUL (editor’s note: Polyurethane laminate – I had to look it up!)
- 110 Yards drawstring
- 100 Knickers small sizes
- 50 Face cloths
- 50 Hotel size soaps
- 50 Snaps/poppers
- 100 1 gallon Ziplock Bags